What is a Mouth "Bite" Guard?
a soft removable dental appliance that covers the biting teeth surfaces and protects those from injury or fracture. It can be used in sport activities to prevent damage to teeth or can be used to prevent grinding and clinching during the day or at night.
How do I know if I need a mouth guard “bite guard”?
We recommend that any patients with the following should be examined for a Mouth guard:
· Pain in teeth
· Crack/craze lines in teeth
· Thinning teeth
· Worn teeth (wear faucets)
· You have been told that you grind your teeth by spouse/partner
· sore facial muscles in the morning
· headaches throughout the day or first thing in the morning
· crowns or bridges which you want to protect
· continue to break teeth or fillings
· play sports such as basketball, football etc.